Friday, December 2, 2011

Psalm 67 (KJV): Let the people praise thee

From Psalms

Psalm 67
(For the director of music.  With stringed instruments.  A psalm.  A song.)

1God be merciful unto us, and bless us;
      and cause his face to shine upon us;                Selah.
2That thy way may be known upon earth,
      thy saving health among all nations.

3Let the people praise thee, O God;
      let all the people praise thee.
4O let the nations be glad and sing for joy:
      for thou shalt judge the people righteously,
      and govern the nations upon earth.                 Selah.

5Let the people praise thee, O God;
      let all the people praise thee.

6Then shall the earth yield her increase;
      and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
7God shall bless us;
      and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

I nice simple psalm - at an appropriate time of year, when we should be praising all of the blessings and gifts of God.  This year God gave me the gift of one year of sobriety of both alcohol and sex addiction.  Thanks to these gifts, the 12 steps, and prayer my life is different.  I have better and stronger relationship with my wife.  I am not afraid to ask for help.  I am much more open and honest.

There is still room for improvement - everyday is progress over the prior.  My life is so much better there's very little I can do except thank and praise God.  Merry Christmas and may you also enjoy the best the season has to offer.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment