Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Psalm 14 (KJV) - because the Lord is his refuge

From Psalms

Psalm 14
(For the director of music. Of David.)

1The fool hath said in his heart,
      There is no God.
They are corrupt, they have done abominable works,
      there is none that doeth good.
2The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men,
      to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3They are all gone aside,
      they are all together become filthy:
      there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge?
      who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
5There were they in great fear:
      for God is in the generation of the righteous.
6Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor,
      because the LORD is his refuge.
7Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion!
      when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people,
Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

So, for the second time in just over a month I am travelling for business.  I am tempted - I am lustful.  Thankfully, my schedule has kept me quite busy so that venturing out on my own to find a strip bar or massage parlor in the area isn't really an option.  At night I've been tired that I can actually sleep well, but not so tired I don't have my wits about me that I need to buy an adult movie.

Keeping my mind focused this morning on Psalms, and on God, helps.  It helps a lot, because the Lord is my refuge.  He captures my mind and is my captivity.  However as I read this psalm through, again, I have to wonder are we all filthy?  Filthy, yes, but not without hope.  There is hope that in this world of shallowness and greed - that He shall make his way known to us.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment