Sunday, August 14, 2011

Psalm 43 (KJV):Why are thou cast down, O my soul?

From Psalms

Psalm 43

1Judge me, O God,
and plead my cause against
      an ungodly nation:
O deliver me from
      the deceitful and unjust man.
2For thou art the God of my strength:
why dost thou cast me off?
why go I mourning
      because of the oppression of the enemy?

3O send out thy light and thy truth:
      let them lead me;
let them bring me unto thy holy hill,
      and to thy tabernacles.
4Then will I go unto the altar of God,
      unto God my exceeding joy:
yea, upon the harp
      will I praise thee,
      O God my God.

5Why art thou cast down, O my soul?
and why art thou disquieted within me?
      hope in God:
for I shall yet praise him,
who is the health of my countenance,
      and my God.

Why are thou cast down, O my soul?  and why are thou disquieted within me?  Which has also been translated as, "Why am I discouraged?  Why am I restless?"  It came up yesterday in Psalm 42 and it returns in Psalm 43.  Why is this a constant theme?  Maybe because its not uncommon to have these questions.  Even as Christians.

I mean this is only natural.  Especially when bad things happen to good people.  When, a friend of mine, a mother of three gets breast cancer.  Or another friend loses his job.  The most effective way to handle these situations, and bring true peace into our lives, is to keep God close to us.  It's these situations that God will shine through for us.  He will guide us in what is important, deliver us from evil, help us find joy and peace a midst uncertain circumstances.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment