Monday, October 3, 2011

Psalm 50:15-23: call upon me in day of trouble: I will deliver thee

From Psalms

Psalm 50:15-23

15And call upon me in the day of trouble:
      I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

16But unto the wicked God saith,
      What hast thou to do to declare my statutes,
      or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?
17Seeing thou hatest instruction,
      and casteth my words behind thee.
18When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him,
      and hast been partaker with adulterers.
19Thou givest thy mouth to evil,
      and thy tongue frameth deceit.
20Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother;
      thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence;
      thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself:
but I will reprove thee,
      and set them in order before thine eyes.

22Now consider this, ye that forget God,
      lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
23Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me:
      and to him that ordereth his conversation
      aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Starting in verse 16 God identifies all of our hypocrisy.  Our lies, our stealing, procrastination, speaking evil, disregard for the words of the bible.  Through all this God has been silent - but that doesn't mean he has approved.  Nevertheless, God does not want to destroy us because of our sin.  No he wants to use his grace on those who seek forgiveness and change their ways.  Those that make their conversation, and their way, aright will be saved.  That is what God wants.

Everyday is a new day.  Everyday I need to make sure I am correcting my natural tendency to seek pleasure outside of his word.  That I am not seeking pleasure in places I shouldn't be like in a bottle or in sex.  That's the way I had been doing it for years.  And I expect it will take years to change that tendency - and will only be able to do it with the help of God.  And so it everyday that I need to pick up the steps, pick up psalms, and pray for God to save me, and help me aright my way.  One day at a time I will recover a little stronger than the day before.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment