Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Psalm 68 (KJV): 31-35: Praise be to God

From Psalms

Psalm 68:31-35

31Princes shall come out of Egypt;
      Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

32Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth;
      O sing praises unto the Lord;                       Selah:
33To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old;
      lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice.
34Ascribe ye strength unto God:
      his excellency is over Israel,
      and his strength is in the clouds.

35O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places:
      the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people.
Blessed be God.

I love how Psalm 68 finishes off praising God.  I have been handing my life over to the will of God for more than the last year and it is all in his name that I have been given a life back from my addictions.  When I wake-up and know I do not have to give in to my temptations I want to sing out loud in Joy.  When I go to bed sober and am aware of everything I said and did I can sleep in peace.  No more do I have to worry about black-outs or not having control of my life.

God has given me the gift of sobriety - with that gift comes the responsibility of healing...Praise be to God.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment