Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Psalm 100 (KJV): Serve the Lord with gladness

From Psalms

Psalm 100
(A psalm.  For giving thanks.)

1Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2    Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3Know ye that the LORD he is God:
      it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
      we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
      and into his courts with praise:
      be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5For the LORD is good;
      his mercy is everlasting;
      and his truth endureth to all generations.

I am blessed that I have the opportunities to reflect the love of God.  It is not an obligation to volunteer and and help others in their time of need - it is a blessing to have the opportunity.  I do it gladly.  For those opportunities I am grateful because the truth of the matter is that it enriches my life as much as it enriches the other people's lives.

This blog has given me several such opportunities - especially with those people who also struggle with addiction.  When I help them in their recovery I, too, become stronger and more firm and resolute in my sobriety.  I am often forced to be more honest with myself and more honest with God and the cycle continues that my life is more meaningful.  For all of this I consider my life blessed and for that I give thanks to the Lord.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment