Thursday, March 8, 2012

Psalm 95 (KJV): Today if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart...

From Psalms

Psalm 95

1O come, let us sing unto the LORD:
      let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
2Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving,
      and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

3For the LORD is a great God,
      and a great King above all gods.
4In his hand are the deep places of the earth:
      the strength of the hills is his also.
5The sea is his, and he made it:
      and his hands formed the dry land.

6O come, let us worship and bow down:
      let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
7For he is our God;
      and we are the people of his pasture,
      and the sheep of his hand.

To day if ye will hear his voice,
8     Harden not your heart, as in the provocation,
      and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9When your fathers tempted me, proved me,
      and saw my work.
10Forty years long was I grieved with this generation,
      and said, It is a people that do err in their heart,
      and they have not known my ways:
11Unto whom I sware in my wrath
      that they should not enter into my rest.

I'm going through some difficulties today.  Some scenarios that I really struggled to hand over to God.  Somethings that I needed to let go of.  It wasn't easy but with a little prayer I did - and God gave me what I needed.  I learned some things from the experience.  In order to do to turn things over to God you need a few things.  You need some patience.  You need some goodness.  A whole lot of  faithfulness and self control.  All of these things...as natural as they should be, in the situations I was in, were anything but natural.

In many ways they reflect a heart that is open and welcoming of the spirit - the opposite of hard.  Which brings us to verse 8 - harden not your heart.  Trust in the Lord.  Because a trusting, faithful heart, which is full of goodness and patience will be blessed with the other fruits of the spirit: joy, peace, and happiness.

For that we should turn to verse 2: come before the Lord with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms - Amen.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment