Monday, March 12, 2012

Psalm 98 (KJV): Sing unto the Lord with...the voice of a psalm

From Psalms

Psalm 98

1O sing unto the LORD a new song;
      for he hath done marvellous things:
his right hand, and his holy arm,
      hath gotten him the victory.

2The LORD hath made known his salvation:
      his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
3He hath remembered his mercy
      and his truth toward the house of Israel:
all the ends of the earth have seen
      the salvation of our God.

4Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth:
      make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
5Sing unto the LORD with the harp;
     with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.
6With trumpets and sound of cornet
      make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.

7Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof;
      the world, and they that dwell therein.
8Let the floods clap their hands:
      let the hills be joyful together
9Before the LORD;
      for he cometh to judge the earth:
with righteousness shall he judge the world,
      and the people with equity.

Let the floods clap and the sea roar.  Let the hills be joyful together.  Even nature sings its song to the Lord.  Today, I will be thankful to the Lord for all of his gifts.  Today I will look past all of the little things that seem like problems, things that create anger and frustrations.  Because in the grand scheme of things they are not really that big...and are significantly overshadowed by the blessings of the Lord.

Everyday when I wake up I have a choice.  I can choose to see the hope and promise that a psalm offers - and can sing joyous thanks to the Lord.  Or I can choose to live in a state that is something less that forces me to see my addictions that are an option, maybe even a necessity.

Today, like most sober days, I will choose to see the hope.  To see the good, and God, in those around me.  Today I will choose to sing to the Lord in the voice of a psalm.  Today has all the hope of a joyful psalm - and I will share that with those who also make the same choice as me.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment