Sunday, March 25, 2012

Psalm 105:28-45 (KJV): He opened the rock, and waters gushed out

From Psalms

Psalm 105:28-45

28He sent darkness, and made it dark;
      and they rebelled not against his word.
29He turned their waters into blood,
      and slew their fish.
30Their land brought forth frogs in abundance,
      in the chambers of their kings.
31He spake, and there came divers sorts of flies,
      and lice in all their coasts.
32He gave them hail for rain,
      and flaming fire in their land.
33He smote their vines also and their fig trees;
      and brake the trees of their coasts.
34He spake, and the locusts came,
      and caterpillers, and that without number,
35And did eat up all the herbs in their land,
      and devoured the fruit of their ground.
36He smote also all the firstborn in their land,
      the chief of all their strength.

37He brought them forth also with silver and gold:
      and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
38Egypt was glad when they departed:
      for the fear of them fell upon them.
39He spread a cloud for a covering;
      and fire to give light in the night.
40The people asked, and he brought quails,
      and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
41He opened the rock, and the waters gushed out;
      they ran in the dry places like a river.

42For he remembered his holy promise,
      and Abraham his servant.
43And he brought forth his people with joy,
      and his chosen with gladness:
44And gave them the lands of the heathen:
      and they inherited the labour of the people;
45That they might observe his statutes,
      and keep his laws.

Praise ye the LORD.  (Hallelu Yah)

God had big plans for Moses - and the psalmist shows Gods power and how he uses people in Psalm 105. It's Psalms like these that make me ask "What is is God's will (or plan) for my life?" When I ask this question I'm usually thinking in terms of what I'm doing. Whether that's volunteering my time or whether that's going abroad as part of a mission group, which I have been considering for many years. I realized in reading Praying Like Jesus by James Mulholland that that's not necessarily how God sees it.

I think He is more concerned with, as Mulholland puts so eloquently in his book, who each of us become more than what we do. He goes on to say that we need focus on God's will before our own needs, as Jesus showed in Matthew 6. He further goes on to say in order to focus on the will of God we must focus on the kingdom of God. This he shows using Luke 21 (KJV) that the kingdom of God is within you. So when we pray, "Thy kingdom come," we are making a commitment to allow the allow God's kingdom to be established through us.

So, as I seek His plan for me I will not be trying to replicate Moses' or David's greatness. I will be looking to make good decisions and looking for ways to establish His kingdom. I will be looking and praying for ways that my life reflects his love and for ways to become a good peron. One day at a time.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment